The Bay County Library on Jenks Avenue which was finished in 1941. One photo is of the exterior of the building and the second contains four photographs of the interior of the building. The Public Library of Bay County began as a traveling library in the 1930s and possessed 40 books at the time. In 1938, money was raised for a permanent library, and an octagon shaped building was commissioned for both the library and the chamber of commerce. The building featured in the photographs was completed in 1941, and was located in Washington Park, next to the Post Office on Jenks Avenue. The library remained at that location until 1965.
Photos courtesy of the Bay County Public Library.